730 PM ET, 630 PM CT; 530 PM MT; 430 PM PT
1.5 hours duration teleclass. Class open to members only. Non-members should join E3A, then register.
NOTE: Registration closes 3 days prior to the event. COST: $75/Person
Attend this event if you are interested in learning more about the StrengthsFinder assessment and its value as an assessment tool for Equine Experiential Education Workshops.
Want to improve the quality of your seminars and equine-based activities by focusing on participant's strengths along with their issues? E3A offers this 1-1/2 hour teleseminar as an Introduction to StrengthFinders for those who need a webinar format.
- Discover your individual strengths and those of the team
- Identify what type of leader you are based on your strengths
- Learn how strengths play into defining team roles
- How to build and reinforce a strengths-based culture at work or in equine assisted learning workshops.
All Equine-based trainers and equine specialists (EAL/EGE/EAP/E3)
who want to enrich their arena and team development assessment and learning activities.
Kim Shook, Cofounder of Bella Terra Acres (www.bellaterraacres.com), Mattawan, MI, 269-978-8138 (LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/bellaterra/)
· Founding member of Equine Experiential Education Association (E3A), certified in 2007. E3A is an international organization providing ethics, standards and certification training for equine experiential education corporate, education and coach programs.
· Cofounder of Bella Terra, providing equineexperiential education programs with miniature horses for team building, leadership development, and corporate training
· Vice President of Operations at BASIC, a national Human Resource solutions company located in Portage MI
· Recipient of many top awards throughout her career in project management,team excellence, coaching, and process improvement and of the McDonald's Corporation Presidents' Award that recognizes their "best of the best" top 1% employees.
Todd Shook, Cofounder of Bella Terra Acres (www.bellaterraacres.com), Mattawan, MI, 269-978-8138
Todd and Kim Shook founded their equine experiential education program called Bella Terra, located outside of Kalamazoo, Michigan. They started the first team building program exclusively with miniature horses. The equine program began with the focus on team building, leadership development, and personal growth experiences with horses that leveraged principles such as StrengthsFinder, The Four Agreements, Mindfulness, and The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, to name a few. When Todd became a licensed therapist, they added Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) to their program. Years ago, Todd discovered that team building and communications skills for the team environment apply effectively in the personal development setting to help people make changes to move forward in their lives. Todd specifically uses the concepts and materials from the E3Acertification program with his personal growth clients.
Bella Terra was honored to host the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP, http://eca.state.gov/ivlp), which is the US State Department's premier professional exchange program that hosts emerging leaders in other countries. These participants lead organizations focused on healing in their countries and other areas of the world. As you can imagine, none of these participants had ever seen a miniature horse and many had never seen a horse other than in film and pictures. They were truly amazed at the perspective the Bella Terra miniature horses provided them in learning more about themselves and how experiential learning experiences can facilitate growth and development. One participant later shared that not only was the experience the best day of her IVLP trip, but the best day of her life. True to the mission of the IVLP program, Bella Terra developed strong and hopefully lasting relationships with these IVLP program participants.