MEMBER NETWORKING MEETING
Join us for an engaging lunch and learn session with members of your E3A organization. We will hold these monthly with topics of interest suggested by YOU! Occasionally we will have a guest to spice things up with a presentation. Join us!
- Meet n' Greet your fellow members
- Call information will be sent out one week prior to the call
- YOU MUST REGISTER TO GET THE CALL INFO
NEW TOPIC FOR DISCUSSION: COVID-19 RESPONSE
The leadership of E3A thought it would be helpful to provide a forum for E3A members to discuss how they are responding to the COVID-19 challenge. COVID-19 response will be the topic of the E3A member networking call on March 19th from 1:30-2:30 EST and members will have the opportunity to share what steps they are taking in their facilities to reduce the risk of transmission. Registration will remain open until the day before the call.
We are aware that some members have temporarily suspended their EAL programs, while others have modified them to reduce the risk of transmission in the EAL setting. While the pandemic is global, conditions in each region vary considerably and the course of action for each facility is likely to vary based on recommendations of local and national public health authorities in your region. That being said, some members have already informed E3A of practices they are implementing in their facilities. Examples include:
1. Explicitly encouraging people first and foremost to STAY HOME if they or ANY MEMBER of their family are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms.
2. Practicing social distancing and making your facility a “hug-free and handshake-free zone” (to alleviate awkwardness).
3. Requiring all participants to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer prior to touching horses or equipment, and prohibiting hugging and kissing horses at this time.
If you have a strategy you would like to share but are unable to participate on the call, please email Carrie Brady at email@example.com who will compile the information and share it with the membership on the call. We are stronger together as a herd and can support each other during this challenging time.
Thank you for all you do.
Guest Host: Carrie Brady, Vice-President of E3A Board of Directors