Foundations of Equine Experiential Education Facilitation – July-September 2023
During this powerful online course, you will explore how horses, as co-facilitators, provide life-changing experiential learning experiences unlike any other. And you will discover how to facilitate equine experiential education programs with confidence and ease.
Whether you are an established therapist or coach, or you are just getting started, this is your next best step toward bringing the transformational power of equine experiential learning to the people and communities you most want to serve.
Mental health professionals will add a new equine-assisted coaching model to their personal and professional development offerings. Coaches and consultants will add E3A’s powerful Five Question CHANGE Model with horses to their already robust tool box.
This foundational course provides participants with the theory and techniques that underpin the E3A model of equine experiential education facilitation:
1. Working with the wisdom of the horses and herd dynamics.
2. Understanding the application of the E3A model and the techniques.
3. Introduction to Open to Outcomes, Five Questions and CHANGE Models.
4. The differences between equine assisted learning and therapy in the debriefing process.
5. Conducting safe practices.
1. Becoming acquainted with the E3A horse activities, how they work, when to use them in different contexts (Corporate, Education and Personal Development), and how to custom-tailor them.
2. Discovering the key aspects of partnering with horses in a conscious and responsible manner while embracing the wisdom of our horse partners.
3. Understanding how change occurs and the powerful questions that bring out the best results during the E3A debriefing session.
4. Developing the ability to interpret the horse/human connection relative to participants individual and group actions during horse activities.
5. Acquiring a basic understanding of applied equine experiential facilitation and coaching techniques for trainers.
To complete certification:
Your final step after completion of the Foundations of Facilitation online course is to register for and attend the Capstone Arena Experience, a powerful five day in-person training where the theory gets put into practice through demonstration and experimentation. Combined you’ll achieve Level 1 Certification which enables you to facilitate the E3A model. The latest dates and locations are listed on the Certifications page.
Questions? If you have questions about this class or any E3A training, please contact us at staff@E3Assoc.org or call 775-376-2530. We’ll be happy to help you determine how this and other training is appropriate for you.
We reserve the right to not accept your registration, in which case we will notify you and give you a full refund.
AUDIT is an option only for those who have previously attended the class.