E3A – Equine Experiential Education
We offer our members ongoing training addressing specific aspects of developing and delivering an equine assisted learning program. Explore our current slate of classes.
Personal Development and Wellbeing
Introduction to E3A Personal Development and Wellbeing (PDW) Webinar
Introduction to E3A Personal Development Wellbeing Webinar Important Details:
Explore and gain clarity around the tools and dynamics of a Personal Development and Wellbeing Equine Assisted Learning Program.
Length/Format: 2-hour webinar
Is it time for you to explore if the E3A’s Personal Development and Wellbeing (PDW) enrichment experience is a match for you and your clients?
This webinar is an introduction to some of the essential tools EAL facilitators/coaches use to create, prepare and conduct Personal Development and Wellbeing (PDW) group workshops and individual sessions using Equine Assisted Learning (EAL) techniques.
Includes a brief introduction to facilitative coaching, Personal Development & Wellbeing’s foundational tools, definitions and horse activities in combination within a PDW workshop process model.
Introduction to E3A Personal Development and Wellbeing Take A-ways include:
- Define the meaning of how human personal development and wellbeing occurs
- Understand the difference between equine experiential coaching vs. equine-assisted psychotherapy
- Understand the E3A Transformative Model: Awareness, Alignment and Action
- Understand how individual change occurs – the Personal Change Model
Creating Personal Development and Wellbeing (PDW) Equine Experiential Education Workshops
This training gives you everything you need to confidently design and deliver a successful event.
Equine Assisted Learning is powerful. During this 3-day arena class, learn how to successfully create and set up personal development workshops. We cover:
- Boundary setting
- Overcoming obstacles
- Spiritual growth
And various other topics typical to personal growth workshops.
You will also learn to utilize dynamic debriefing questions to successfully and effectively help your clients navigate to clarity and growth. You’ll learn new horse activities designed especially for that context, how to modify existing horse exercises for this type of workshop and how to facilitate and debrief exercises without ending up in “therapy territory.”
- Apply and practice E3A’s facilitation approach to Personal Development & Wellbeing workshops.
- Learn new horse activities, adapting existing activities, and conducting debriefs appropriate for the Personal Development and Wellbeing model.
- How to select and use various assessments with your clients to promote growth and development.
– Be an E3A member.
– Have completed the Personal Development and Wellbeing Intro webinar.
– Be an E3A certified equine experiential education practitioner, or have an EAL facilitation certificate from another organization (PATH, EAGALA, EGEA, EPONA, EAHAE).
– If not certified by E3A, also must complete Introduction to the Equine Experiential Education Facilitation Method webinar.
– Participants are asked to upload a copy of their EAL certificate or send a copy to email@example.com when they register.
Length/Format: 3 day arena class.
Inner World of the Facilitator
Take your work with the horses from ordinary to extraordinary in this powerful, hands-on, two-day arena experience. E3A master trainers Jennifer Kaplan, Kathy Milbeck and their horse partners will show you how to deepen your connection to self, so you can develop the high-level relationship skill of interdependence. Interdependence is defined by a healthy blend of independence and dependence. It is also an essential skill in an exceptional EAL facilitator’s toolbox.
Through this arena experience you will:
- Receive the horses’ gifts of clarity and focus to create successful forward momentum for your clients – and clarify any resistance you may have to meeting their desired outcomes.
- Hone your ability to set a strong intention for your relationship with your horse partners.
- Locate and eliminate tension and resistance standing between you, the horses and the work.
- Develop trust in your horse partners’ abilities to “see the unseen.”
- Facilitate BIG results for your clients – gaining enthusiastic advocates for your EAL business.
- Experience real connection, a healthy balance of giving and receiving, and increased trust in your core relationships with all beings – both two-legged and four-legged.
- Live more comfortably in your own skin.
We cannot give to others what we have not already given to ourselves. Join us this February, and step into your transformational power as an exceptional EAL facilitator.
PRE-REQUISITES: You must be a current member of E3A in good standing and have completed Level 1 training.
This program does not cover the E3A Facilitation Model, which is part of the E3A certification training program for Level 1 Certification. The focus of this enrichment class is to provide participants with information they need to use Interdependent relationship building skills in facilitating their EAL programs.
Please note: This program is an enrichment class, is not part of the E3A certification program, and is facilitated differently than the E3A certification training. It will be facilitated by E3A’s Master Trainers and participants will participate in arena activities and debriefing sessions. For facilitation skills development, it is required that participants have completed E3A’s Level 1 Certification. Find information on the Level 1 Certification.
Equine Assisted Learning and CliftonStrengths Trainings
Establish how to combine Equine Assisted Learning with a strengths-based approach to bring about transformation with individuals and teams.
Introduction to Using CliftonStrengths to Enhance Client Results in Your EAL Business Teleclass
This workshop is designed to build your confidence in incorporating the CliftonStrengths Assessment Tool into your EAL workshops. CliftonStrengths is an online assessment instrument created by researchers at Gallup that identifies an individual’s unique skills, talents and knowledge allowing them to then leverage their strengths and talents to become more productive and engaged.
- Become familiar with the CliftonStrengths assessment tool.
- Understand how a strengths-based approach can deepen the learning experience for clients in an equine assisted program.
- Learn how to apply the CliftonStrengths assessment within an Equine Experiential Education program working with groups and individuals in Corporate, Education, and Personal Development.
This class uses the book StrengthFinders 2.0 by Rath or Strengths-Based Leadership by Rath and Conchie (2008). Each book comes with a code that allows you go to online and take the CliftonStrengths inventory. A report that explains your top 5 strengths is issued and explained in the 1.5 hour teleclass. (You must purchase a NEW copy of the book to receive the assessment code.)
Prerequisites: Read the book Strengths Based Leadership Great Leaders, Teams, and Why People Follow by Tom Rath and Barry Conchie
Take the Clifton Strengths assessment (directions and access provided with the book). NOTE: Used books do not have an access code in them.
To purchase the book and assessment:
Length/Format: 1.5 hour teleclass
Intro to CliftonStrengths Webinar – RECORDING
CliftonStrengths in the EAL Arena
Format: 2-day arena experience
Ready to experience how our equine partners utilize the CliftonStrengths in the horse human connection?
Are you seeking to experience how the CliftonStrengths Assessment can create deeper learning for your clients in their interaction with the horses?
The CliftonStengths in the EAL Arena Enrichment experience is an amazing opportunity to experience the CliftonStrengths method in an EAL context. It is a 2-day arena Equine Assisted Learning experience on how to use the CliftonStrengths to enhance your client results in your EAL business.
Come and explore why horses, as co-facilitators of learning, provide value and benefit to your clients in exploring their strengths.
CliftonStrentgths in The EAL Arena Take Aways include:
- Gain an experiential understanding of how to incorporate CliftonStrengths into programs with horses.
- Understand the unique power that horses bring to a strengths-based EAL event and learn how to fully realize the horses’ potential to help clients use their strengths to develop the horse-human partnership.
- Understand how a strengths-based approach can power the productivity of a team, improve leadership skills and empower your clients to uncover the results they desire.
It is highly recommended that non-E3A practitioners at least complete E3A’s Introduction to Equine Experiential Education Facilitation Teleclass prior to attending this 2-day arena class. Click here for more information about Facilitation Teleclass.
CliftonStrengths in the EAL arena is an enrichment class and is not part of the E3A certification program. It will not be presented in the same format as the E3A certification training. It will be facilitated by E3A’s Master Trainers. Participants will participate in activities and debriefing sessions, with very limited opportunities to facilitate activities with the horses.
For facilitation skills development, it is recommended that participants attend our Level 1 Certification. Click here for information on the Level 1 Certification.
Prerequisites: CliftonStrengths Teleclass
E3A - Equine Experiential Education
Registration & Cancellation Information
Fully Refundable If Cancelled Due to Covid 19 Directive
Cancellation Policy for all on-site workshops:
E3A reserves the right to cancel a training if there are not enough participants and will confirm an event 6 weeks prior to the start date. E3A encourages participants to not purchase plane tickets prior to 6 weeks from the event and confirmation has been given.
All paid registrations are eligible for transfer to another workshop event within a year from original registration. Registration can be transferred from one registrant to another person without penalty or administrative fee.
- MUST BE A MEMBER EXCEPT WHERE INDICATED OPEN TO THE PUBLIC;
- REGISTER ON-LINE VIA WEBSITE ONLY;
- EVENT CLOSES SEVERAL DAYS PRIOR TO EACH EVENT;
- MUST REGISTER TO GET CALL INFO EVEN FOR FREE TELECLASS EVENTS.
- FULL REFUND GIVEN 60 DAYS PRIOR TO EVENT: LESS ADMIN FEE $50;
- PARTIAL REFUND @90% AT 45 DAYS PRIOR TO EVENT: LESS ADMIN FEE $50;
- NO REFUND AFTER 30 DAYS; OK TO TRANSFER TO ANOTHER EVENT; MUST BE USED WITHIN THE SAME CALENDAR YEAR.